So, I have two kids and a husband, and all three can be quite picky compared to me. Basically, if it’s not meat, I’ll eat it, and I’ll probably like it. But their dislikes are diverse and wide ranging, covering such poor blameless foods as tofu, vinegar (yes, ALL vinegar), kiwis, onions, CEREAL fergodssakes.
So, in hopes that this helps a little with your own picky eaters, here is a list of (relatively) easy vegetarian dinners that all four of us actually loved!
I’m not sure if I should be impressed that we were all able to agree on all these dishes, or horrified at the fact that this is probably less than ten percent of the dishes I’ve tried serving them for dinner.
(That’s breakfast-for-dinner in case you are unfamiliar)
Soups and stews
- Garden vegetable soup from Fixate
- Vegan meaty chilli
- Vegan cream of asparagus soup
- Golden soup
- Ethiopian chard stew
- Ethiopian red lentil stew
Cheesy and eggy things
- Cauliflower fried rice
- Broccoli cheesy rice
- Sweet potato, white bean, and kale bake
- Mexican black bean casserole
- Quinoa taco casserole (I used veggie crumbles)
- Bean and cheese burritos
- Stuffed peppers
- Spicy black bean burgers
More vegan-friendly dishes
- Spanish beans with tomatoes
- Chili polenta pot pie
- Butternut squash macaroni
- Chard/spinach pinwheel bread
- Cauliflower and chickpea burger patties
- Chickpea flour pizza crust with literally any toppings. Like, kale, trash, car parts, anything. If I put it on a pizza, they’ll eat it.
HahahahaHA!! That is not a short list. But getting the family to embrace dessert was never really an issue, was it?